Referrals to these teams are made via Single Point of Access.
What do the teams do?
Offer support to service users who experience symptoms of psychosis and who find it difficult to engage with services. This may be because they are homeless, have drug and alcohol difficulties, have been involved with the criminal justice system or have complex difficulties.
Service users referred will usually have had a history of admissions to hospital, possibly detained under the Mental Health Act and often encountered problems with medication treatments.
The aims of this service are:
- To work creatively to improve engagement
- To reduce relapse by working collaboratively with service users by providing service user focused packages of care
- To reduce likelihood and duration of admission to hospital
- To improve social functioning
- To promote stability in the lives of service users and their families
- To work in an integrated manner with other locally based services both statutory and non-statutory
These teams are based at:
- Assertive Outreach Team based at The Stonebridge Centre, Carlton Road, Sneinton, Nottingham covering both the East and West Nottingham area
- Assertive Outreach Team County South based at 93 Musters Road, West Bridgford, Nottingham covering the South Nottingham area
- Assertive Outreach Team based at Millfields at the Millbrook Mental Health Unit, Sutton in Ashfield covering Mansfield and Rokerfield for the Ashfield area
- Assertive Outreach Team based at Bassetlaw Hospital, Worksop covering the Bassetlaw area
- Assertive Outreach Team based at 65 Northgate, Newark, covering the Newark and Sherwood area