Each locality has a Single Point of Access for all referrals into Secondary Mental Health Services requiring Health & Social Care assessment and interventions (non crisis). Referrals are received from GPs and also via acute Mental Health Services. All City GP referrals for adults or older people need to be referred to Single Point of Access (SPA) Adult Mental Health Unit, Juniper Suite, Highbury Hospital, Nottingham, NG6 9DR. Tel: 0300 300 0010 Fax: 0300 300 0012.
What do the teams do?
Referrals are screened against specific criteria and then offered an appointment for clinical assessment and treatment within the multi-disciplinary team.
Service users will receive interventions if they are experiencing moderate to severe mental health problems including anxiety disorders, depressive illness and disorders of personality. Interventions are offered on a one-to-one and/or group therapy basis. Service users with major mental health problems, which can include psychosis and non psychosis, can receive a comprehensive recovery focused care package. This can include help to manage mental health symptoms, including medication management, relapse prevention, coping strategies, help with daily living skills and occupation of time including education and employment.
We work in collaboration with Service users and their families in order to develop plans that can help meet the needs identified and work towards the fulfilment of identified aims and objectives. These plans will be reviewed regularly by the multidisciplinary team in conjunction with Service users and families.
These teams are based at:
- Recovery Team is based at The Stonebridge Centre, Carlton
- Broxtowe & Hucknall Community Mental Health Team based at The Hope Centre, Beeston, Nottingham
- Gedling Community Mental Health Team based at Manor Road, Carlton, Gedling, Nottingham
- Rushcliffe Community Mental Health Team based at 93 Musters Road, West Bridgford, Nottingham
- Mansfield & Ashfield Mental Health Services based at Millfields Centre, Millbrook Mental Health Unit, King's Mill Hospital, Sutton-in-Ashfield
- Newark and Sherwood Mental Health Services based at 65 Northgate, Newark
- Bassetlaw Mental Health Services based at Bassetlaw Hospital, Kilton, Worksop