Intensive Community Assessment & Treatment Teams (ICATT)
Within the Intellectual Disability Service there are two Intensive Community Assessment and Treatment teams providing services in Nottinghamshire. One covering Nottingham and surrounding county council areas and the other covering Mansfield, Ashfield, Newark and Sherwood and Bassetlaw. The teams are multi-disciplinary with members from a range of health professions that include psychiatry, nursing, psychology, occupational therapy, speech & language therapy and arts therapy.
The teams aim to offer rapid-response, short-term advice and interventions for adults with intellectual disabilities who are experiencing an increase in emotional and/or behavioural difficulties in any type of community setting. They aim to provide a range of specialist interventions that are based on individual needs identified by a thorough assessment process.
The teams aim to support individuals and their supporters in the most therapeutic environment for them, thus reducing admissions to inpatient services, and supporting timely and effective discharges where inpatient admissions have been necessary. They also aim to improve the quality of the service through regular audits and evaluations with input from users of the service, both patients and carers, and fellow professionals.
Community Learning Disability Teams (CLDTs)
Community Learning Disability Teams, known as CLDTs, are multi-disciplinary and multi-agency teams, who are currently strengthening partnership and increasing integration. Staff are co-located wherever possible, however the CLDTs comprise of a range of professionals including consultant psychiatrist, community learning disability nurse, social worker, welfare rights officer, physiotherapist, occupational therapist, speech and language therapist, clinical psychologist and administrative support.
The teams have the remit of being the gate-keeper to services, providing a seamless, needs-led service to adults with a learning disability living in the community. There are 9 CLDTs that cover the whole of the county with the following bases:
- Ashfield CLDT, 68 Portland Street, Kirkby in Ashfield, Notts, NG17 7AG
- Newark CLDT, Byron House, Newark Hospital, Boundary Road, Newark, NG24 4DE
- Mansfield CLDT, 2nd Floor, Meadow house, Littleworth, Mansfield, Notts, NG18 2TB
- Bassetlaw CLDT, The Library, Memorial Avenue, Worksop S80 2BP
- Rushcliffe CLDT, Rushcliffe Day Centre Offices, Loughborough Road, West Bridgford, Nottingham, NG2 7UN
- Nottingham North CLDT, LD & Transitions Team – North, Bulwell Riverside, Main Street, Nottingham, NG6 8QJ
- Nottingham South CLDT, Clifton Cornerstone, Southchurch Drive, Nottingham, NG11 8EW
- Gedling CLDT, Sir John Robinson Way, Arnold, Nottingham, NG5 6DB
- Broxtowe CLDT, Prospect House, Padge Road, Beeston, Nottingham, NG9 2JR