Carers Federation support groups
Carlton Fire Station, Manor Road Carlton, NG4 3AY
Second Tuesday of each month, 10:30-12;30pm (if the front doors do not open automatically, please wait to be collected, DO NOT press the buzzer as this disturbs the on duty fire station staff)
For more information please ring Zena on 07802 775 560 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
St Mary's Church, Church Street, Eastwood, NG16 3BS
Held on the last Tuesday of the month from 1:00-3:00pm
For more information please ring Paula on 0115 9629 313 or email email@example.com
Riverside Medical Centre, Riverside Walk Retford, Notts DN22 6AA
Last Wednesday of every month 10.30am – 12.30pm
For more information please ring Deb on: 07793268235 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashfield and Mansfield Borough
Friends Meeting House, Rosemary Street, Mansfield, Notts NG19 6AB.
First Friday of each month 10am-12noon.
For more information please ring Linda on: 077 404 103 14 or email email@example.com
The Rad Room, Lings Bar Hospital, Beckside Gamston, Notts NG2 6PR
First Tuesday of every month 1.30-3.30pm.
For more information please ring Paula on: 0115 9629 313or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Carers' Federation Adult Carer Support service
The Carers Federation Adult Carer Support service provides a wide range of appropriate and impartial information and support for all carers across Nottinghamshire who look after someone with an illness, disability or frailty; or is experiencing mental health. Our team work with carers on an individual basis to identify what support they need, they will also refer and signpost to other relevant organisations where appropriate.
Adult Carer Support provides practical and emotional support through one to one, support, telephone support, advocacy – empowering carers and their cared for to access their rights and entitlements. You can contact a support worker in your area on the numbers below.
Mansfield and Ashfield (including Hucknall): Linda 07740 410 314
Bassetlaw: Deb 07793 268 235
Broxtowe and Rushcliffe: Paula 0115 9629 313
Gedling and Newark & Sherwood: Zena 07802 775 560
Team Leader: Hazel 0115 9629314
Carers Trust East Midlands
The Carers' Council - Allies in Adult Mental Health
The Carer's Council is a registered charity providing support to those people affected by mental ill health. They hold quarterly social meetings as well as occasional evening meetings, outings and other activities. There is no membership charge but voluntary contributions are welcome.
To find out more, please contact Geoff Curtis.
Telephone: 0115 963 1916
- Self help group for carers in Hucknall - The group runs on the first and third Tuesday every month at the John Godber Centre, Ogle Street, Hucknall
- Newark Carer Support Group - The link takes you to the carer's group website – an information gathering and sharing facility for carers of family members and friends suffering from mental health related illnesses
- Support group for carers in Retford - takes place on the last Wednesday of the month, from 10:30am - 12:30pm at the Riverside Medical Centre. You need to be registered with the Carers Hub to attend. Telephone 0115 824 8824 or email Hub@carerstrustem.org for more information.
- Mansfield and Ashfield Carer Support Group
- Carer, Family and Friends of Deaf People Forum
- Nottinghamshire Carers' Hub - Free access to support and services for carers in Nottinghamshire. Call 0115 824 8824 for more information. Lines are open Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm
- Arnold Methodist Church Befriending and Support Group, Fridays 11am-2pm. For more information please contact Sue Clayton on 07514 775514
- Arnold Methodist Church Support Group.pdf [pdf] 530KB
- City Carer Support Services carers' group