Help in a crisis during Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic
During this COVID-19 pandemic there may have to be changes in the way some of our services work. Please contact the service directly to check how services are being delivered and follow their advice.
If you need help in a crisis during Coronavirus pandemic outside office hours please contact your GP or visit NHS 111.
Only visit your local Emergency Department for serious life-threatening conditions that need immediate medical attention including persistent severe chest pain, loss of consciousness, acute confused state, severe blood loss, serious burns, suspected stroke.
Oral Health Promotion Team
The Oral Health Promotion Team work to improve oral health throughout Nottinghamshire and Bassetlaw.
They aim to:
- ensure all children and adults get appropriate dental care
- increase knowledge about oral health
- reduce tooth decay in children
They deliver several programmes and initiatives including:
- The Incredible Mouths - An oral health programme for all local children and families.
- Brushing Buddies - A supervised toothbrushing programme within local schools.
- Oral health training - Interactive training courses for frontline healthcare and social care staff in addition to staff in educational settings.
- Dental engagement - The team work alongside local dental practices raising awareness of local campaigns and initiatives and promoting partnership working. The team also host The Oral Health Alliance which is a platform to access local training and an opportunity to network and liaise with other agencies.
The team also get involved with a variety of local and national campaigns including National Smile Month, Mouth Cancer Action Month, No Smoking Day, Stoptober, World Book Day and National Kissing Day.
Contact and find us
The Oral Health Promotion Team is made up of Julia Wilkinson, Senior Health Promotion Specialist (Oral Health) and Rebecca Soong-Towell, Health Promotion Specialist (Oral Health).
The team is based at:
Stapleford Care Centre
Nottingham NG9 8DB