Podiatry (Diabetes Foot Clinic)
We help people with problems affecting the feet and lower limbs.
This includes prevention and teaching people how to look after their feet.
Our patients include:
- people with complications due to long term conditions such as diabetes, vascular disease, neuropathy, rheumatoid arthritis, stroke and Parkinson's disease
- people with multiple and complex podiatric needs including wound management and tissue viability
- people who need podiatric surgery
- people who need nail surgery
- people with biomechanical problems e.g. gait/postural problems
- people with acute foot and ankle problems and conditions
- people with foot complications associated with diabetes needing referral to other foot clinics
The service is available to all ages.
Service opening hours
8:00am - 4:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday (except bank holidays).
Advice is available Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm.
Information for healthcare professionals
How to refer someone to this service
Refer via the Advanced Podiatrists for Diabetes:
Diabetes Unit, Dundee House, Nottingham City Hospital
Tel: 0115 969 1169
Ext: 57946 or 56622 (Reception).
MDT foot clinics
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday (except public holidays).
Podiatry Advice available Monday – Friday 8am – 4:30pm.
If emailing, please contact both podiatrists.
MDT referral contact
Fax referral form to diabetes foot clinic on: 0115 962 7959.
A copy of the referral should also be sent to the patient's GP.
Additional information regarding referral to Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) diabetes foot clinics secondary care
Multi-disciplinary diabetic foot clinics are held at Nottingham City Hospital and Kings Mill Hospital.
A referral form will be accepted at both sites and should be completed and sent to the appropriate hospital via the contact details below.
MDT referral should include:
- Full contact details, medical history and medication
- Neuropathy and Vascular status
- Ulcer location, duration and suspected cause
- Ulcer status using Texas Wound Classification system
- Charcot: History of trauma/surgery/duration of pain/swelling.
Duncan Heaney, Head of Podiatry.
Service commissioned by
- Nottinghamshire Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Nottingham City Clinical Commissioning Group
- Lincolnshire Commissioning Groups
- Derbyshire Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust