Family and carer support
The Family Support Team (FST) is part of the Social Care Service. The team provides advice and support to any family member, friend or carer of a patient at Rampton Hospital. The team is responsible for the Visitors Centre, organising carers events, and supporting child visits.
How the Family Support Team can help you:
- Provide you with general information about the Hospital
- Send information to you about carer related issues and carers days
- Provide relevant forms, such as travel claim and food authorisation forms
- Arrange overnight accommodation at the Visitors Centre and provide information on hotel and bed and breakfast facilities in the locality
- Provide a drop-in facility at the Visitors Centre - a space for carers to spend time in between visits or for people waiting for someone whilst they visit
- Assist you with the food authorisation process
- Assist with travel claim queries
- Support carers in looking at transport options from their locality
- Support and escort children when visiting the Hospital
- Meet carers at the Hospital reception area who require extra support. Supporting carers through the security process and escorting you to the ward, even to sit in on a visit if you feel it is beneficial
- Generally if you have a query or issue and are looking for an answer or help we will endeavor to do what we can for you. We also make a good cup of tea/coffee and are happy to just be there and chat!
If you require any information on the above please contact the Family Support Team. Tel: 01777 247571 Email: Rampton.VisitorsCentre@nottshc.nhs.uk
You can find out more about Rampton Hospital and visiting a friend or relative in this film