Training for school staff
The service is able to provide a range of training opportunities for staff working in schools with children with Speech, Language and Communication Needs (SLCN).
There are two levels of training available:
1. Linked to a package of care for a named child known to the SLT service
- For parents
- For specific (school) staff that work with that child
2. Whole school/staff groups
- To support with a specific focus on the Speech and Language and Communication Needs (SLCN) in that setting
- Bespoke training around specific SLCN in discussion with the SLT and the Head Teacher.
Information about training available for County school staff is available via the Nottinghamshire Local Authority “TADO” staff development brochure, SOLD services.
Staff based in Nottingham City should contact the SLT service directly to purchase a range of training.
In addition to training, it may be possible for schools to purchase SLT support that is additional/different purchase SLT support that is additional/different to what is provided as part of the NHS service.