Help in a crisis during Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic

During this COVID-19 pandemic there may have to be changes in the way some of our services work. Please contact the service directly to check how services are being delivered and follow their advice.

The national suspension on visiting inpatient areas has been lifted. Please contact the ward you wish to visit in advance for guidance and instructions for a safe visit. 

If you need help in a mental health crisis during Coronavirus pandemic outside office hours please contact our crisis team: Help in a crisis

For other medical advice and support contact your your GP or visit NHS 111

Only visit your local Emergency Department for serious life-threatening conditions that need immediate medical attention including persistent severe chest pain, loss of consciousness, acute confused state, severe blood loss, serious burns, suspected stroke.

Macmillan Nurse Service - South Nottinghamshire

The Macmillan Nurse Service offers support and advice to any patient with cancer or a life limiting illness. We also support families and carers. We help people in their own home or in a care home. 

We work closely with GPs, district nurses, community therapy teams, palliative care consultant, GPs with a special interest in palliative care, Nottinghamshire Hospice, adult social care, and voluntary services to ensure the highest possible quality of individual care is provided.

We can give information about different treatments or medications, financial benefits and emotional support and also offer:

• information following diagnosis of a life limiting illness

• Advance Care Planning

• complex symptom management

• specialist psychological support

• The Macmillan service provides and facilitates the learning of the local workforce, to ensure they have the necessary skills to care and support patients at end of life

This service is offered to adults registered with GPs in Nottingham North & East, Rushcliffe and Nottingham West 

Rate this page or report a problem

Rate this page or report a problem