When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your computer, mobile phone or whatever device you are using to access the internet. This information is held in cookies. You can learn more about cookies from the GOV.UK guidance on cookies.
Cookies are used to improve services for you by, for example:
- enabling the service to recognise your device so you do not need to give the same information repeatedly
- recognising when you have already given a username and password so that you do not need to do so for every subsequent web page you visit
- improving services we provide by providing you with a personalised journey, where applicable
- measuring how many people are using the services we provide, so we can make them easier and faster to use
- analysing data, anonymously, to help us understand how people interact with our website services