Occupational Therapy Learning Disabilities Team
Our services are provided to adults over the age of 18 and older people. Occupational therapy helps people live their lives their way.
Many factors influence what we do in our lives and how satisfied we are with it. These include what we are motivated to do and our roles and responsibilities, which provide stability and structure to our everyday lives. An occupational therapist gets to know service users and carers/families to find out about and support them with the following:
- Volition: motivation to do things that are interesting and valuable to them. Their confidence in their own abilities, experiences and their hopes for the future.
- Roles: the day to day roles and responsibilities the service user has and their relationships with the people around them.
- Routines: what service users do on a daily or weekly basis. How their time is organised and whether they have a balance between self-care, productivity and leisure.
- Performance capacity: the abilities and skills that the service user needs every day to concentrate and organise tasks; physically manage what they need to do and also to interact with others.
- Physical and social environments: the place where the service user lives and the places they go to, as well as who they spend time with and the resources they have to support them.
These areas are important as they are linked to self-care, productivity, working towards your goals, leisure and having having a satisfying routine.
Service opening times
8:30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (except bank holidays)
Some sites can be flexible according to demand, so may open in the early morning or later evening.
Fern House, Highbury Hospital, Highbury Road, Bulwell , Nottinghamshire, NG6 9DR
Telephone: 0115 9691300 extension 12083 or extension 12232
Help in a crisis
Outside of office hours please contact your GP service, NHS 111, or in an emergency go to your local Accident and Emergency (A&E) department.
Information for health professionals
How to refer someone to this service
Please request a referral form from any of the area bases, using the contact details above.
Angela Miller, Occupational Therapy Professional Lead
Service commissioned by
NHS Nottingham City CCG, Newark and Sherwood CCG, Bassetlaw CCG and Nottingham County CCGs.