Help in a crisis

Call: 0808 196 3779


Information for Deaf BSL users can be found here


The crisis line is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to people of all ages.

If you’re in a mental health crisis, call the crisis line anytime of the day or night, and we can arrange for you to speak with a mental health professional. We can also advise you about other services, which can help you. 

The crisis line is operated by local health workers. Don't worry, they will help you get the right support.

For other medical advice and support contact your GP or visit NHS 111.


Emergency Help

While the Emergency Department and 999 are not the best places to get help for the majority of mental health problems, you should still use these services if you have an immediate, life-threatening emergency requiring mental or physical health assistance. 


I'm already a patient, how do I get help in a crisis?

If you, or the person you are concerned about are already being seen by our services, regardless of age, or you feel you need emergency treatment:

During office hours call: 0808 196 3779 and choose the relevant option listed below:

  • Option 1 - Under 18 (Children and Young People: CAMHS Crisis Team)
  • Option 2 - Turning Point Crisis Access Line
  • Option 3 - City Crisis Team
  • Option 4 - County Crisis Team
  • Option 5 - Bassetlaw, Mansfield, Ashfield, Newark and Sherwood Crisis Team

Outside office hours, you should call your local Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment (CRHT) Team. The CRHT teams are available 24/7 and will be able to offer you immediate telephone support and reassurance to ensure that you feel safe and to help you manage your distress.

The Trust has developed a crisis care plan for all patients in Adult Mental Health community and inpatient teams. If you have such a plan please refer to it if you feel you are at particular risk of deterioration or breakdown of carer arrangements.



bsl logo Deaf BSL users

Skype address - BSLnotts

We want everyone to be able to access help when they need to so if you are Deaf or Hard of Hearing and use BSL you can contact the phone number 0808 196 3779 with the help of the video relay service run by Nottinghamshire Sign Language Interpreting Service using the Skype address BSLnotts. (Only available 9am to 5pm).

The person on the phone will ask you some questions about your worry, or those of the person you are calling on behalf of, so they can connect you to the person or service that will be most helpful to you.

If you are supporting someone who is Deaf or Hard of Hearing who is having urgent mental health issues call: 0808 196 3779 . The helpline is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week and is open to people of all ages.



Rate this page or report a problem

Rate this page or report a problem

branding footer logo