Intensive Recovery Intervention Service (IRIS)
The service provides specialist assessment, active therapy, treatment, and the opportunity for recovery, for older people with a mental health problem.
The Intensive Recovery Intervention Service enables people to have the choice to live as independently as possible. We believe people experiencing mental health problems are entitled to the highest quality care.
The service is delivered in people's own homes and we make every effort to prevent unnecessary admission to hospital or residential care.
Accessing our services
The service provides support under the following eligibility criteria:
- The patient must have a GP in the area the service is being delivered.
- Be aged 65 or over with mental health difficulties
- The service also sees patients of any age with working age dementia
- People living alone who are at risk of self-neglect or are a danger to themselves or others
- People who live with their carers and are under extreme stress
- People in secondary, respite and residential care who could return home given an intensive period of support
Service opening hours
The service is provided in patient's own homes between 7.00am to 10.00pm, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Contact the Alzheimer Society helpline: 0300 222 1122 or the Live Online Advice Service for dementia information and support.
The Samaritans provide 24 hour, confidential, emotional support for anyone in crisis. Telephone:116 123 (24 hours).
SANE services provide practical help, emotional support and specialist information to individuals affected by mental health problems, their family, friends and carers.
Helpline: 0845 767 8000 (1pm – 11pm).
Helpline, advice, counselling and self-help for people who experience anxiety, panic attacks, phobias or compulsive disorders.
Freephone: 0808 808 0545 (10.00 a.m – 10.00 p.m every day).
Crisis Nottingham County South 0300 123 2901
The silver line 0800 4 70 80 90
Information for health professionals
To refer a patient to the Intensive Recovery Intervention Service (IRIS) please call the service for the relevant locality from the contact us section.
Service commissioned by
Local Clinical Commissioning Groups