The service provides psychological assessment and treatment (talking therapies) for common mental health problems, which 1 in 4 of us will suffer with at some stage in our lives. This includes depression, anxiety, panic, phobias, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), trauma and stress.
It is normal to experience changes in your mood and behaviour at times of stress and emotional upset. Your physical health may also affect your mood and stress levels. If these changes continue to affect you, then the Let's Talk-Wellbeing service could help.
Accessing our service
This service is available to people aged 18 and over in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire, and people aged 16 and over in Leicester City and Leicestershire County and Rutland.
To refer yourself to the service or for more information and contact details for each location, click on the links below:
Our specialist practitioners use a range of approaches, including one to one appointments, group workshops, self-help books, leaflets, online and telephone support. Support is provided at different venues in the community, including GP surgeries and community centres.
Therapies offered are based on National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) guidelines. They include Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), counselling, Mindfulness Based CBT (MBCT) groups, Interpersonal Psychotherapy, Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR), employment support, guided self-help education and group therapies (see leaflet for more information).
The service is part of the national Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) programme.
Service opening hours
Our office opening hours are as follows:
- Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire Monday to Friday 8am - 6pm
- Leicestershire and Rutland Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm (please note that some sessions can be provided outside of these hours)
- Leicester City Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm
Christmas Opening Hours
- Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire – The service is closed from 25 December and will reopen at 8am on 2 January 2020
- Leicestershire and Rutland – This service is closed on 25,26,27,28,29 December and 1 January 2020. The service is open on 23,24,30,31 December 2019 between the hours of 8am and 4pm.
- Leicester City - This service is closed on 25,26,27,28,29 December and 1 January 2020. The service is open on 23,24,30,31 December 2019 between the hours of 8am and 4pm.