Help in a crisis and visiting information during the COVID-19 pandemic
During this COVID-19 pandemic there may be changes in the way some of our services work. Contact the service directly to check how services are being delivered and follow their advice.
Some of our services now offer video consultations. You should speak to your clinician if this is something you would like them to consider. You can find out more about video consultation here.
Contact the ward you wish to visit in advance for guidance and instructions for a safe visit.
If you need help in a mental health crisis during the COVID-19 pandemic outside office hours please contact our crisis team: Help in a crisis
For other medical advice and support contact your GP or visit NHS 111
Only visit your local Emergency Department for serious life-threatening conditions that need immediate medical attention including persistent severe chest pain, loss of consciousness, acute confused state, severe breathlessness, severe blood loss, serious burns or suspected stroke.
- Kabat-Zinn, J. (1994). Wherever you go, there you are: Mindfulness meditation in everyday life. Williams, M. & Penman, D. (2011) - Available on amazon
- Mindfulness: A practical guide to finding peace in a frantic world. Mark Williams and Chris Cullen - Available on amazon
- Goleman, D., & Davidson, R. J. (2017). Altered traits: Science reveals how meditation changes your mind, brain and body. New York: Avery Publishing Group. More of a popular science book than a mindfulness guide as such - Available on amazon
Mindful.org Includes guidance on getting started with a mindfulness practice and articles about the science of mindfulness and mindfulness-based programs.
- Oxford Mindfulness Centre (OMC) http://oxfordmindfulness.org
- The mindfulness network – free on line practices, resources and reading
- Breathworks is a mindfulness organisation founded in the UK. Vidyamala Burch is well known in the mindfulness community for her work around mindfulness and health
- Kristin Neff: self compassiom.org Guided self compassion practices