Our services include:
- Male Mental Illness Service - providing admission and assessment and continuing care and rehabilitation. Read more about the Male Mental Illness Service [pdf] 593KB
- Male Personality Disorder Services - providing a treatment programme for patients from prison, and high secure services. Read more about the Male Personality Disorder Service brochure.pdf 572KB
- Women's Services - providing standard and enhanced medium secure services.(National WEMSS service) Read more about the Womens Service [pdf] 531KB Read more about the Women's Service
Arnold Lodge is a member of the Quality Network for Forensic Mental Health Service. The latest aggregated report 2017 to 2019 ranks us as the 3rd highest scoring Medium Secure Unit in the country. 60 medium secure mental health services from across the UK and Ireland participated in the latest cycle 12.
We are proud that our workforce is well trained, with our mandatory training statistics 95 - 97% for 2019. We actively encourage our staff to develop through our comprehensive supervision structures that link to continued professional development (CPD). An example of our commitment to staff development includes supporting Health Care Assistants to complete their nurse training.
We continue to aspire to provide an inclusive ‘outstanding’ service by improving engagement with patients, carers and staff, based on least restrictive practice and via quality improvement initiatives.
You will need to phone us on 0116 207 7700 to arrange to visit. All relevant information will then be provided.
Professional and social visitors must provide photo ID and will require registration on the visitors' database.
Due to the secure environment of Arnold Lodge and the need to maintain the safety of everyone, certain items will not be allowed into the clinical area.
Lockers are available in the reception foyer to hold any restricted items; for example, mobile phones, cigarettes and lighters.
Research at Arnold Lodge
Arnold Lodge is positive about research to benefit patients, carers and the wider community. For more information about research at Arnold Lodge please see our research page.
Accessing our service
You will only be admitted to Arnold Lodge if you are referred by a professional.
Referrals come from:
- secure hospitals
- general mental health services
- independent sector hospitals
Information for health professionals
How to refer someone to this service
Contact Dr Steve Geelan at:
The East Midlands Centre for Forensic Mental Health
Dr Steve Geelan
Service commissioned by
Midlands and East (East Midlands Hub).