Our website has moved

Our website has moved. Please visit:

The Nottingham Centre for Trangender Health website via this link.

Many thanks

We have a new website

After engaging with our community and service users we have developed and launched a new website for The Nottingham Centre for Trangender Health.

You will be shortly re-directed to the site. If you are not re-directed within a few seconds, please click the link below.


Hormone therapy

Not all trans and non-binary people wish to have hormone therapy and many live very comfortable lives without them. Nonetheless there are a significant number of trans and non-binary people who do wish to take hormones in order to make physical changes to their bodies so they are more in line with their felt sense of themselves. We generally recommend hormones after a person has made a formal and established gender role change.

Expectations of hormones are discussed when you are assessed. As hormone therapy causes infertility, it is really important to consider storing gametes (eggs or sperm) before taking hormones.

The Nottinghamshire Local Medical Committee have developed this guide  Nottinghamshire LMC Transgender Guidance.pdf [pdf] 757KB



Rate this page or report a problem

Rate this page or report a problem

branding footer logo