What we do
The Health Shop has been operating in Nottingham City for more than 30 years. We are a small team that specialises in harm reduction and health promotion, and we offer advice and support around substance use and sexual health. We work specifically with people who use drugs, people experiencing homelessness, people within the LGBTQ+ community and refugees and people seeking asylum. We are passionate about harm reduction.
- We offer full sexually transmitted infection (STI) screenings, including blood borne virus (BBV) testing for people without symptoms. People with symptoms need to contact the Integrated Sexual Health Service on 0115 9627627.
- We work specifically with people who might not access mainstream sexual health services or who are disproportionally affected by sexually transmitted infections.
- We can offer appointments for Hep B vaccinations for people who use drugs, men who have sex with men, and people working in the sex industry. Please note we are not able to vaccinate people for professional reasons.
- We offer a range of FREE condoms, lube and gloves.
- We are a C-Card registration and pick-up point.
- To arrange a test or for more information please contact 07585 991542 or email email@example.com
- We can offer advice on harm reduction within drug use, including safer injecting advice.
- We can provide Naloxone.
- We are conducting outreach to engage with communities who may be isolated from accessing mainstream services. This includes people who are experiencing homelessness, those engaging in sex work and the MSM community.
- We can provide information and support to people using steroids.
- We are working in partnership with the Hepatology department to reduce Hep C. This involves offering BBV testing and fibro scans and supporting people into treatment.