Help in a crisis during Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic
During this COVID-19 pandemic there may have to be changes in the way some of our services work. Please contact the service directly to check how services are being delivered and follow their advice.
If you need help in a crisis during Coronavirus pandemic outside office hours please contact your GP or visit NHS 111.
Only visit your local Emergency Department for serious life-threatening conditions that need immediate medical attention including persistent severe chest pain, loss of consciousness, acute confused state, severe blood loss, serious burns, suspected stroke.
All you need to know about Freedom of Information
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 provides public access to information held by public authorities. This means that members of the public can make a direct request for information about our organisation.
The Act does not give people access to their own personal data (information about themselves) such as their health records. If you require personal information please make a subject access request via firstname.lastname@example.org.
As well as responding to requests for information, we are required under the Act to publish information proactively under a Publication Scheme. Our Publication Scheme can be found on the menu to the left and covers:
- Who we are and what we do
- What we spend and how we spend it
- What are our priorities and how are we doing
- How we make decisions
- Policies and Procedures
- List and registers
- The services we offer
Making a Freedom of Information request
In order for a request to be valid it must:
- Be in writing
- Provide a name and address for correspondence
- Provide a reasonable description of the information requested
Before you send your request:
- Check our publication scheme to see if the information you are requesting is already in the public domain.
- Look through previous requests located under our disclosure log. Your request for information may have already been answered.
- Ensure your request is concise with clearly formulated questions. If we are unclear what you are asking, we will contact you for further clarification which can delay the process.
If you have made a Freedom of Information request we would like to hear about your experience. You can complete our survey here [doc] 516KB.