£55-60k – Nottingham
(minimum commitment 3 days per week)
Closing: 24/09/2019 23:59 Interview date: 18/10/2019
We are looking for an inspirational and dynamic individual to lead our Board of Directors and Council of Governors. This role is a great opportunity for the right individual to lead a complex range of services during a time of change, opportunity and ambition for Nottinghamshire Healthcare.
Our services span a broad range of mental health, intellectual disability and community physical health provision in addition to low, medium and high secure services, including Rampton Hospital to a population of over a million people across Nottingham and Nottinghamshire. This broad mix of services makes this role challenging yet also offers great opportunities, particularly in the changing health and social care landscape.
At Nottinghamshire Healthcare, people are central to everything we do, and we recognise that our staff are our most important asset. We are very proud of the quality of our services and the compassionate care provided by our staff.
This will be a complex, but highly rewarding role in which you will play a critical role in the organisation’s development as it influences service delivery models across integrated care systems, working in partnership across boundaries and inspiring teams to deliver the best possible care for all our patients. With this in mind, a new Chair is required to lead the Trust into its next phase of evolution. In this role you will:
• Lead the board in delivering its new vision, strategy and clear objectives that set direction and deliver clear organisational purpose and performance that exceeds statutory and local standards.
• Ensure the board understands its own accountability for governing the organisation through its board committees which support accountability and are properly constituted.
• Provide visible leadership in developing a healthy, well led, dynamic and inclusive culture for the organisation, modelling this through your own and the board’s behaviour and decision-making processes.
• Be the organisation’s ambassador, building strong partnerships with patients and public, all staff, key partners and regulators.
• Ensure that the Board, and the organisation, observe the Secretary of State’s policies and priorities, including the personal behaviours, values, technical competence and business practices.
We are particularly keen to talk to candidates offering experience gained within large, complex health, public service or related organisations, combined with a commercial outlook and genuine interest in the local and national health agenda. Ideally, you will offer specific skill sets gained through undertaking other non-executive / chair roles previously. We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds who can apply their experience from different sectors, as well as from the health service to this demanding role.
For a suitably committed and innovative individual, this role presents a great opportunity to work in partnership across boundaries and inspire teams to deliver the best possible care for all our patients. If you believe you have the skills to succeed in this role, we would welcome your application.
We particularly welcome applications from black and minority ethnic communities who we know are under-represented in our Board members.
For further information please contact Trust Secretary, Craig Sharples on 0115 9934519 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply please see www.nottinghamshirehealthcare.co.uk/workingforus Further details of how to apply are contained in our candidate application pack.