Podiatric Surgery is assessment and surgery for complex foot disorders. Treatment is carried out by podiatric surgeons, who are specialists in foot surgery. All surgery at Park House Health and Social Care Centre is performed under local anaesthesia.
Most of our work is planned, non-emergency surgery.
We have three experienced podiatric surgeons in our team: Lancel Hogg, Anthony Maher and James Harmer.
Find out more by reading our Podiatric Surgery patient leaflet.
Accessing our services
Your GP will need to refer you to our service. Our main site is Park House Health and Social Care Centre in Carlton but we also offer appointments at:
- Mansfield Community Hospital, Stockwell Gate, Mansfield (Wednesday afternoons)
- Retford Primary Care Centre, North Road, Retford (Monday afternoons)
Services we offer
Our main role is to provide surgery under local anaesthesia. However, we also offer other treatments including:
- cortisone injections – injections to relieve pain and inflammation
- immobilisation therapies – for example casts or splints
- physical therapies – improving movement through exercise
- foot health advice
We also work closely with our colleagues in the Musculoskeletal Podiatry Team who offer custom made inserts for shoes, also called foot orthoses.
Common conditions we treat:
- stiffness in the big toe
- claw or hammer toes
- trapped nerves
- pain in the ball of the foot
- soft tissue lumps and bumps
- degenerative arthritis
- tendon disorders
- skin disorders
Service opening hours
8am - 4:30pm, Monday to Friday (Except bank holidays)
Information for health professionals
How to refer someone to this service
Referral form, fax, email or letter via health or social care professional, Choose and Book referral via GP.
Park House Health and Social Care Centre
61 Burton Road
On Choose and Book, search for speciality 'podiatry' and then clinic type 'podiatric surgery-excluding nail surgery.' Then select your preferred clinic:
- Podiatric Surgery - Carlton Park House
- Podiatric Surgery - Mansfield community Hospital
- Podiatric Surgery - Retford Primary Care Centre
If you have any questions regarding how to refer into our service or what we treat please email us on not-tr.Podiatricsurgery@nhs.net.
Anthony Maher, Consultant Podiatric Surgeon.
Service commissioned by
Nottinghamshire Clinical Commissioning Groups, Nottingham City Clinical Commissioning Group and Bassetlaw Clinical Commissioning Group.