Mental Health Awareness Week - connect with nature
Hosted by the Mental Health Foundation, this week is Mental Health Awareness Week (10-16 May 2021). The theme for this year is 'Nature'.
During long months of the pandemic, millions of people turned to nature. Research on the mental health impacts of the pandemic have shown that going for walks outside was one of the top coping strategies and 45% of people reported being in green spaces had been vital for their mental health.
Throughout the week, we’ll be sharing lots of stories from our staff teams and patients about how nature and the great outdoors can have a positive effect on mental health.
Some of the activity to look out for during the week:
- Spotlight on the CAMHS Mental Health Support Teams
- Staff and patient stories of activities they enjoy in the great outdoors and the benefits on their mental health
- All about our mental health support
- Launch of CAMHS Art Mural competition
- Lots about the health benefits of being outdoors
Follow us on social media - Facebook and Twitter - for all this and more.