We've achieved Stage Two of the Triangle of Care
We are delighted to announce that Nottinghamshire Healthcare has achieved Stage Two of the Triangle of Care award.
The Triangle of Care is an initiative to promote collaboration between service users, professionals and carers.
It is part of our commitment to make sure that carers are included and listened to by our staff.
The Triangle of Care is made up of six standards, which state that organisations should ensure that:
1) Carers and the essential role they play are identified at first contact or as soon as possible thereafter.
2) Staff are ‘carer aware’ and trained in carer engagement strategies.
3) Policy and practice protocols re: confidentiality and sharing information are in place.
4) Defined post(s) responsible for carers are in place.
5) A carer introduction to the service and staff is available, with a relevant range of information across the care pathway.
6) A range of carer support services is available.
Paul Sanguinazzi, Head of Involvement and Experience at the Trust, said: “A big thank you to all of the carers, staff and partner organisations who have supported this work. Teams across the Trust that have worked hard to involve, support and communicate well with carers. As always there is more to do, and we are now looking at how we might work towards Stage 3.”