Arranging a visit and visiting hours
In this section
Arranging a visit
When visiting Wathwood Hospital you will need to book the visit at least 24 hours in advance through the relevant ward/ service.
During coronavirus please contact the wards to clarify visiting hours.
Visiting with children
We are very careful to look after the welfare of anyone under 18 who wishes to visit. Our social workers will carry out a family assessment before any visits from children can be arranged. Please allow time for this to be completed.
Child visits take place away from other patients, in a child friendly room and will be supervised to ensure everyone remains safe.
Professional visits must be requested in advance. Usually they cannot take place between 12.00 noon – 2pm and 5pm – 6pm or after 8pm due to protected time for patients.
All visitors are required to report to the Main Reception.
Professional and social visitors must provide two forms of ID; one should be photo ID. All visitors will require registration on the Hospital visitors' database.
As this is a medium secure environment, certain items are not allowed into the hospital. Lockers are available in the reception foyer to hold any restricted items.
The list of restrictions is nondefinitive so please ask security staff if there is anything you are unsure of. Security staff can be contacted on 01709 870800.
Due to the secure environment of the Hospital, and to maintain the safety of patients, our staff and anyone visiting we ask you to refrain from bringing in the following items:
- Mobile Phones
- Knives/scissors/mental nail files/ pencil sharpeners/ razors/ blades (anything that can be used as a weapon)
- Glass or mirrors
- Matches or lighters and fuel
- Medication or prescription drugs
- Alcohol or illicit substances
- Solvents/ nail polish or remover
- Pornographic magazines/ videos/ DVDs/ USB drives
- Plastic bags
- Cameras or recording equipment
- Cigarettes, tobacco or vaping devices
- Chewing gum
- Opened drinks and food
- Only food and drinks that are factory sealed will be allowed onto the ward. Unfortunately, we cannot accept refrigerated items.
The list is not exhaustive so please ask security staff if there is anything you are unsure of.
Lockers are available in the reception foyer to hold any restricted items; for example, mobile phones, cigarettes and lighters.