Where more support is required there will be further reviews at 3-4 months and 3-3½ years.
A range of health support is offered. For example:
- One-to-one support with emotional health and wellbeing for new parents, children and young people at school
- Support and advice on a range of health issues such as breastfeeding, formula feeding, minor ailments, eating, parenting issues and continence
- A dedicated scheme for first-time mums under 19 years and their partners through the Family Nurse Partnership
- Work in schools on specific health issues
- Referral or signposting to other services who will be able to provide ongoing help
A ‘single point of access’ Advice Line for parents, carers and healthcare professionals who want to speak to the Healthy Family Teams for advice or support, covering the 0-19 years age range. It operates Monday to Friday, from 9am to 4.30pm. Call: 0300 123 5436
If you wish to book an appointment with the Specialist Public Health Practitioners’ teams (they used to be known as Health Visitors and School Nurses) please call:
Parentline is a confidential texting service offering parents and carers of children aged 0 -19 access to confidential advice from our Healthy Family Teams. Text: 07520 619919.
ChatHealth is a confidential texting service offering 11-19 year olds confidential advice from our Healthy Family Teams. Text: 07507 329952.