Help in a crisis during Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic
During this COVID-19 pandemic there may have to be changes in the way some of our services work. Please contact the service directly to check how services are being delivered and follow their advice.
The national suspension on visiting inpatient areas has been lifted. Please contact the ward you wish to visit in advance for guidance and instructions for a safe visit.
If you need help in a mental health crisis during Coronavirus pandemic outside office hours please contact our crisis team: Help in a crisis
For other medical advice and support contact your your GP or visit NHS 111
Only visit your local Emergency Department for serious life-threatening conditions that need immediate medical attention including persistent severe chest pain, loss of consciousness, acute confused state, severe blood loss, serious burns, suspected stroke.
Links and resources
All the information leaflets shown on this website for parents and communities about how to support children’s language development are available for free for Nottinghamshire’s Health and Nottinghamshire County Council staff.
Schools, private day nurseries and other interested parties can purchase them at a cheaper cost than self-printing and copying, with the optional addition of your own logos (copyright Nottinghamshire Healthcare) from Nottinghamshire County Council design and print. Email L4L@nottshc.nhs.uk or phone 07788 386264.
Talking tips resources
- Switch off and talk display [pdf] 848KB
- Switch off and talk evaluation [pdf] 367KB
- Make time for rhyme display [pdf] 450KB - Susie, Children's Centre SLT in Mansfield, has created a display for you to download for your setting. It focuses on the theme of "make time for rhyme". Rhyme awareness is crucial for the development of speech around and early literacy. Why not download it for your setting so you can share these tips with your parents?
- Keep dummies for sleep times only poster [pdf] 3MB
- Listen to me poster [pdf] 5MB
- Our best place is face to face poster [pdf] 4MB
- Share books poster [pdf] 4MB
- Sign songs and rhymes poster [pdf] 5MB
- Talk with me all the day poster [pdf] 5MB
- Talking lead to learning poster pdf [pdf] 8MB
- Tips 2 leaflet [pdf] 5MB
Drop the dummy Christmas campaign
- Drop the dummy event poster [pdf] 580KB
- Drop the dummy display [pdf] 385KB
- Drop the dummy certificate [pdf] 344KB
- Pledge to drop the dummy certificate [pdf] 409KB
- Reindeer food tags [pdf] 96KB - a free gift if they pledge to/manage to give up
- Santa's washing line [pdf] 282KB
- Kieren Maloney (Warsop Children's Centre)'s Christmas drop the dummy certificate [pdf] 609KB and letter from Santa [pdf] 116KB.
Drop the dummy at Easter
For further details/advice contact your local children's centre SLT or language lead.
The Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists has produced a factsheet on understanding the links between communication and behaviour [pdf] 1MB.
The Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists has produced an Early Years Factsheet.pdf [pdf] 931KB
Films and audio
- Walking Through the Jungle Story
- Anytime is Chatting Time
- Changing Time if Chatting Time
- Your Words Work Wonders: Tips for chatting with your toddler
- Sentence Trouble – Better communication in the youth justice system
- The Communications Trust - working with parents of younger children
- The Still Face Experiment
- RALLI campaign
- Michael Rosen's Radio 4 broadcast on how children develop their first words
Teacher knowledge research study [pdf] 234KB - showing that knowledge of and training in early language development improves very young children's expressive language