The Family & Volunteer Support Service is part of the Social Care Service. We provide advice and support to any family member, friend, carer or volunteer befriender of patients at Rampton Hospital.
We are responsible for:
How the Family & Volunteer Support Service can help you:
- provide you with general information about the hospital
- send you information about Social Visitor related issues and event days
- provide you with relevant forms such as travel claim and food authorisation
- arrange overnight accommodation at the Visitors Centre and provide information on nearby hotel and bed and breakfast facilities
- provide a drop-in facility at the Visitors Centre - a space for carers to spend time in between visits or for those waiting for someone while they visit
- help you with the food authorisation process
- help with travel claim queries
- support carers in looking at transport options
- support and escort children when visiting the hospital
- meet carers at the hospital reception area who need extra support.
- support carers through the security process and escort you to the ward. They can even to sit in on a visit if you feel it is beneficial
- help if possible with general queries or issues
- make a good cup of tea/coffee and just be there to chat
To book your Social Visit, give us a call.
For more information, please contact the Family Support Service on FamilyandVolunteerServiceRH@nottshc.nhs.uk or call 01777 247571
You can find out more about Rampton Hospital and visiting a friend or relative in this film.