Help in a crisis during Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic
During this COVID-19 pandemic there may be changes in the way some of our services work. Contact the service directly to check how services are being delivered and follow their advice.
Some of our services now offer video consultations. You should speak to your clinician if this is something you would like them to consider. You can find out more about video consultation here.
Visiting: Contact the ward you wish to visit in advance for guidance and instructions for a safe visit.
If you need help in a mental health crisis during the COVID-19 pandemic outside office hours please contact our crisis team: Help in a crisis
For other medical advice and support contact your GP or visit NHS 111
Only visit your local Emergency Department for serious life-threatening conditions that need immediate medical attention including persistent severe chest pain, loss of consciousness, acute confused state, severe breathlessness, severe blood loss, serious burns or suspected stroke.
The Family & Volunteer Support Service
The Family & Volunteer Support Service is part of the Social Care Service. The team provides advice and support to any family member, friend, carer or volunteer befriender of patients at Rampton Hospital.
The team is responsible for:
- The Visitors Centre (Visitor overnight accommodation)
- Organising Social Visitor events and other meetings.
- Booking and supporting child visits.
- The team also recruit; train, match and support Volunteer Befrienders to patients who don’t have any other visitors.
- The Social Visitor Accreditation and ward visit booking process
How the Family & Volunteer Support Service can help you:
- Provide you with general information about the Hospital
- Send information to you about social visitor related issues and event days
- Provide relevant forms, such as travel claim and food authorisation forms
- Arrange overnight accommodation at the Visitors Centre and provide information on hotel and bed and breakfast facilities in the locality
- Provide a drop-in facility at the Visitors Centre - a space for carers to spend time in between visits or for people waiting for someone whilst they visit
- Assist you with the food authorisation process
- Assist with travel claim queries
- Support carers in looking at transport options from their locality
- Support and escort children when visiting the Hospital
- Meet carers at the Hospital reception area who require extra support. Supporting carers through the security process and escorting you to the ward, even to sit in on a visit if you feel it is beneficial
- Generally if you have a query or issue and are looking for an answer or help we will endeavour to do what we can for you. We also make a good cup of tea/coffee and are happy to just be there and chat!
- To book your ward social visit – give us a call and will aid you with this.