Social Visitor Events & Involvement
Social Visitor Events
There are regular carers events and information sharing meetings that take place at Rampton Hospital.
These events are designed to patient’s family members / friends or volunteer befrienders information about the Hospital, general treatments and therapies that patients can access. They also provide the opportunity to meet Hospital staff and chat to others who care for patients resident in the hospital.
The Family & Volunteer Support Team regularly sends out information about these meetings. If you wish to receive this info by post or email, please contact your named social worker to be added to the Social Visitor mailing list.
Upcoming social visitor event - Rampton's Winter Carers Event Day
Examples of previous Social Visitor Days
- Westfield Project Opening - September 2019
- Wellbeing carers event - June 2019
- Carers event - March 2019
What previous carers have said about Social Visitors events
- ‘Very good information, all staff friendly and helpful. Nice to talk to other carers. Very good food. Can’t wait for the next one’
- ‘We are very impressed our welcome as before. We felt very anxious on entering the building. We found everyone was very helpful and considerate as it was our first visit. The areas of Rampton where we have visited today really opened our eyes and left us reassured. The food was ‘OUTSTANDING’, thank you. We now feel rest assured that my son is being cared for and in good hands’
- ‘As always the staff made me relax, all do a fantastic job. Presentations all done really well again. The lunch was really lovely as always. Thank you!!!’
- ‘This has been a most informative day, staff delivered their workshops with skill and humour. The displays were interesting and the lunch excellent. I felt welcome and look forward to attending the next event.’
- ‘A very productive event – Talk on Tribunals is a breakthrough for most carers as it has been a great mystery and source of mixed information.’
- ‘We were made to feel very welcome from start to end, lots of good information. Met some other families and had a good chat – we didn’t feel like an outsider. Everyone was very understanding. Food was excellent – all staff were fantastic’
How to get involved at Rampton Hospital
- Social Work Service- Every patient has their allocated social worker, please click on the link to the Social Care page to find out more. (Social Care Service link)
- Social Visitor Mail-shot Database- The Family Support Team regularly post/email information about the Hospital, and invites to any upcoming meetings / events etc to carers, family members and friends of patients. You need to apply to receive this information. Please call the Family & Volunteer Support Team if you would like to added to the carer mail-shot database.
- Carers E-Consultation Group - The Hospital recognises that some carers wish to have more involvement whilst others do not. We are also aware of the distances that some people travel and it is not always easy for a carer to attend a face-to-face meeting.
- The Carers Email - consultation group has been set up to gain the views of social visitors no matter how far away you live.If you are interested in being a member of this, please contact the Family & Volunteer Support Team.
- Carers Self Support Group - This is a peer support group for carers and run by carers. The group meets four times a year. To find out more please contact the Family & Volunteer Support Team
How to get involved Nottinghamshire NHS Healthcare Trust
The Trust is committed to working together with patients and their families. We wish to achieve the best possible outcomes for our patients and we have a Carers Strategy in place which incorporates the guiding principles of the Triangle of Care into our daily work practice.
The Trust’s website has information for carers and a link to the Carers Strategy.
The Trusts Involvement Team - The Trust is committed to involving people who use our services and their carers across the organisation.