Youth Offending Team Nursing Service
We aim to reduce health inequalities and improve health outcomes for children and young people who are under the supervision of the Nottingham City Youth Offending Team.
The team aims to deliver health interventions for 10 to 19-year-olds including:
- improving emotional health, psychological wellbeing and mental health
- promoting healthy weight
- promoting immunisation programmes
- reducing teenage pregnancy and improving sexual health by promoting contraception advice
- reducing the impact of substance misuse and reducing avoidable injuries
We also support the wider Youth Offending Team function and court processes.
Referral will be on entry to the Youth Offending Service. Referrals for health assessments may also be received from the following:
- police officers (health assessment may be part of a Youth Conditional Caution)
- Health Family Teams
- the young person