Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) Crisis Resolution Home Treatment Team
Who do we help?
Our service is for young people experiencing a mental health crisis. This includes young people who:
- are at risk of immediate and significant self-harm
- are an immediate and significant risk to others due to their mental health
- are being considered for admission to a mental health inpatient unit
- are in acute psychological or emotional distress that is causing them to not be able to go about their daily activities, such as going to school and looking after themselves
Intensive home treatment
Intensive home treatment is for young people:
- who have acute psychiatric or psychological symptoms
- whose mental health is getting worse, and who are at high risk of experiencing an acute psychiatric crisis
We help to plan for young people who are ready to come home from a psychiatric hospital.
We also help to provide out of hours care for young people who are already working with specialist CAMHS teams.
Discharge from CAMHS Crisis
When a young person no longer needs to be seen by the crisis team, we will make a discharge plan with them and their family as early as possible. This is to make sure they can have a positive move to another service.
This might be to another community CAMHS service, to another service/ agency or back to universal services (such as their GP or school nurse). This depends on the needs of the young person.
Accessing our service
Health, social care or education workers can assess whether CAMHS support is needed and make a referral. Parents/carers and young people can also self-refer for CAMHS support using our online form or by calling 0115 854 2299.
Service opening hours
- 8am -10pm on weekdays
- 10am - 6pm at weekends
Telephone: 01158542299 or 01158440560.
- CAMHS Crisis Team, The Lookout, Hopewood, Foster Drive, Nottingham, NG5 3FL
CAMHS Crisis Team, 3-5 Lindsay Close, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG18 5TF
- www.familylives.org.uk and 0808 800 2222 - Parentline
- www.childline.org.uk - 0800 1111