We offer consultations and advice to local, regional and national care providers. For service users whose first langaugae is BSL we have developed two short videos.
We adopt models of recovery and wellbeing and undertake assessments and work with people experiencing:
- complex psychological difficulties such as anxiety and depressive disorders
- enduring and severe mental illnesses
- mental health problems complicated by deaf issues and identities
- possible needs of mental health services/care outside Nottinghamshire
People wanting more information about deafness and health should visit the Sign Health website.
Service opening hours
Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.
Accessing our service
Our service is available to those registered with a GP in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire County. Our site has parking and disabled access.
Stonebridge Centre, Cardiff Street, Sneinton, Nottinghamshire, NG3 2FH
Telephone: 0115 955 5446 Ext: 16063
SMS: 0788 050 0989
Fax: 0115 985 9894
Help in a crisis
If you or the person you are worried about are already known to the team, please contact us on the numbers above during working hours. Outside these hours contact the relevant Crisis Resolution Home Treatment (CRHT) Team. SMS numbers are available from CRHT City and County South.
If you or the person you are worried about are not known to this team, please contact the relevant mental health team involved or the local crisis team. Contact the police if your concerns need an immediate emergency response.
Deaf people can access emergency services via www.emergencysms.org.uk nationally. Registration is required.
Deaf people living in Nottinghamshire can also use Pegasus to contact local emergency services.
Sign language users can contact NHS 111 via www.interpreternow.co.uk/nhs111. You can also ask for out of hours interpreting services by telephone or SMS: 07974396299.
- Nottingham City Council provides support and advice for carers and family's supporting someone with mental health difficulties,
- Mind - mental health charity
- Rushcliffe Mental Health support group
- Highbury Carers Group - ask a member of staff for details
- Notts Deaf Wellbeing Action Group
- Notts Deaf Society
- Notts Sign Language interpreting services