Vision, values and five year strategy
We have spent time working with the people who use our services, our staff and our stakeholders to fully refresh the Trust’s strategy. This was approved in March 2016 and sets out what we want to achieve over the next five years.
We will do this by ensuring our services are delivered in a way that will enable people to be in a better position to take ownership of their own health and care needs. We want to move away from reactive, hospital based treatment models to a pro-active approach of prevention and early intervention, delivered in community locations where this is appropriate.
Our vision is;
Through partnerships, improve lives and the quality of care
The Trust is known and recognised for its POSITIVE values. Our ongoing commitment is to listen and learn from our patients, service users, carers and staff and ensure that we live by our values in a real and meaningful way.
- People: People are central to everything we do
- Openness: We listen to and act on what people tell us; we are open to challenge; we value honesty and transparency
- Safety: We put safety first in everything we do
- Involvement: We work collaboratively with all our key stakeholders, including patients, carers, staff, volunteers and partners
- Trust: We are trustworthy and act with integrity
- Innovation: We use research, technology and global best practice to improve outcomes and lead the way
- Value: We value care, compassion, respect, dignity and diversity
- Excellence: Excellence is our standard
Our Strategic Objectives
Our objectives are the four key areas that describe how we will achieve our vision:
- Provide the best possible care and support
- Demonstrate best value
- Be the service provider of choice
- Make the Trust a great place to work