Service changes and visiting during the COVID-19 pandemic
During this COVID-19 pandemic there may be changes in the way some of our services work. Contact the service directly to check how services are being delivered and follow their advice.
Some of our services now offer video consultations. You should speak to your clinician if this is something you would like them to consider. You can find out more about video consultation here.
Contact the ward you wish to visit in advance for guidance and instructions for a safe visit.
You can read some general NHS guidance on visiting healthcare inpatient settings.pdf [pdf] 89KB
If you need help in a mental health crisis during the COVID-19 pandemic outside office hours please contact our crisis team: Help in a crisis
For other medical advice and support contact your GP or visit NHS 111
Only visit your local Emergency Department for serious life-threatening conditions that need immediate medical attention including persistent severe chest pain, loss of consciousness, acute confused state, severe breathlessness, severe blood loss, serious burns or suspected stroke.
We offer lots of professional development opportunities for people working with children and young people.
Our Talking Together service could be for you if you are a Teacher, Teaching Assistant, childminder, work in an after-school setting or an early years practitioner. This Service is also available for people who work outside of Nottinghamshire.
Our early years practitioners page has lots of information on training for people who work in an early years setting.
Language lead networks
Language lead networks occur every term in every district. This is an opportunity to meet other language leads and learn from each other but also to receive further training and updates.
Spring Term Language Lead Networks
If you can’t make the date for your area, please feel free to book on a different network which is more convenient for you. This term’s network will focus on ‘Beyond phrases: extending children’s expressive language’. As usual there will be local and national updates from the world of speech, language and communication.
Please click on the Eventbrite links to book a place- places for Nottinghamshire Language Leads are FREE!. Following booking, you will receive a link to the teams meeting.
- Rushcliffe: Friday 26 February 9.30-11.00 https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/rushcliffe-spring-term-language-lead-network-extending-childrens-language-tickets-136009713715
- Newark and Sherwood: Friday 26 February 1.30-3.00 https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/ns-spring-term-language-lead-network-extending-childrens-language-tickets-136010070783
- Gedling: Thursday 4 March 9.30-11.00 https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/gedling-spring-term-language-lead-network-extending-childrens-language-tickets-136010708691
- Ashfield: Thursday 4 March 1.30-3.00 https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/ashfield-spring-term-language-lead-network-extending-childrens-language-tickets-136010488031
- Broxtowe: Friday 5 March 9.30-11.00 https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/broxtowe-spring-term-language-lead-network-extending-childrens-language-tickets-136002048789
- Mansfield: Friday 5 March 1.30-3.00 https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/mansfield-spring-term-language-lead-network-extending-childrens-language-tickets-136010865159
- Bassetlaw: Thursday 11 March 1.20-3.00 https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/bassetlaw-spring-term-language-lead-network-extending-childrens-language-tickets-136011075789
‘New to the role’ Language Lead networks - Spring term 2021
These free networks are for those who are new to being a Language Lead or who are developing confidence in the role. It’s the best place to start to get established as a Language Lead!
We are now delivering this training virtually via Microsoft Teams, and we are we are offering sessions 1, 2 and 3 every term. The dates and how to book are listed below.
- ‘New to the role’ session 1 - Wednesday 10 February, 1.30 – 3.15 pm https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/new-to-the-role-language-lead-network-session-1-tickets-136809523969
- ‘New to the role’ session 2 - Tuesday 16 February, 9.30 – 11.15 am https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/new-to-the-role-language-lead-network-session-2-tickets-136780374783
- ‘New to the role’ session 3 - Thursday 25 February, 9.30 – 11.15 am https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/new-to-the-role-language-lead-network-session-3-tickets-136779670677
For more information click on the pink tabs on the left for all the amazing opportunities in Nottinghamshire.
During COVID-19 pandemic, Language Lead networks are being offered virtually – contact the L4L@nottshc.nhs.uk for more details.