Service changes and visiting during the COVID-19 pandemic
During this COVID-19 pandemic there may be changes in the way some of our services work. Contact the service directly to check how services are being delivered and follow their advice.
Some of our services now offer video consultations. You should speak to your clinician if this is something you would like them to consider. You can find out more about video consultation here.
Contact the ward you wish to visit in advance for guidance and instructions for a safe visit.
You can read some general NHS guidance on visiting healthcare inpatient settings.pdf [pdf] 89KB
If you need help in a mental health crisis during the COVID-19 pandemic outside office hours please contact our crisis team: Help in a crisis
For other medical advice and support contact your GP or visit NHS 111
Only visit your local Emergency Department for serious life-threatening conditions that need immediate medical attention including persistent severe chest pain, loss of consciousness, acute confused state, severe breathlessness, severe blood loss, serious burns or suspected stroke.
Talking Together Traded Service
One child in five starts primary school in England without the language skills they need to succeed, a figure that rises to one in three of the poorest children. (Department of Education 2015)
A traded service led and delivered by NHS Speech and Language Therapists, tailored to meet individual school and setting needs.
We are an award winning, nationally recognised team
We can offer bespoke support across ALL key stages including:
- staff training – bespoke and licensed national training
- parent training and coaching
- your own speech and language therapist and speech and language therapy assistant
Services for Schools and Settings:
- Your own speech and language therapist – packages from one day a month to one day a week
- Packages to be shared across MATs/families of schools
- Provide action plans to support the development of communication skills in schools
- Provide individual assessments, programmes and therapy alongside your TA teams
- Provide staff training including licensed interventions
- Support your parents to develop their home learning environment
Staff training examples are shown but we can develop specific training that meets your requirements
- Bespoke twilight and INSET training
- Making the link – exploring the links between language and social, emotional and mental health needs
- Early Years “Language for Life” training
- Talking Matters
- Communication for All
- Let’s Interact – An adaptation of Learning and Language and Loving ItTM – The Hanen Programme® for Early Childhood Educators/Teachers
- Talking with Twos
Interventions – training and support for schools and settings include:
- KS1 TalkBoostTM (ICAN)
- Early Years TalkBoostTM (ICAN)
- Attention and Listening Groups
- Narrative Groups
- Word AwareTM
- Speech sound groups
- Elklan Speech and Language Support for 3-5s and 5-11s
Speech and Language support for parents/carers includes:
- Elklan: Let’s Talk with the Under 5’s
- Home Talk 3+2020.pdf [pdf] 1016KB
- Parents’ information evenings
- Little Talkers
- Home Talk Leaflet.pdf [pdf] 263KB - Home Talk® is an evidence-based parent-support programme delivered by trained early years workers, supervised by speech and language therapists.
Talking Together Online Seminars
Keep checking back for our next online seminars.
Contact us for free consultation and advice to help identify the support that best suits your needs: